Archives

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Homeward Bound
As we enter into Holy Week and prepare to commemorate the most important human event in history, the Passion, death and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, let us reflect on how this amazing event not only changed the course of human history, but on what it meant for each one of us personally.  Jesus bled and died upon the Cross for ME, not just a faceless, nameless humanity.  And he loves me so much that he would do it all over again if necessary to save my soul…even if I were the only one on the face of the earth!  This means that I have been bought…and at what a price: the blood of my Savior.  I belong to Him.  I am not my own.  I was created to be one with God, and I have been his adopted child since the day of my baptism, a privilege purchased for me on the Cross.  My new home is heaven.  These are mind-blowing realities that need to shape my life, and effect absolutely everything I do…everything!  This is the foundation on which I must build my life.

I was struck when I read Jesus‘ words in the Gospel earlier this week, 'I do not belong to this world,' he declared to the Pharisees.  Each of us can truthfully repeat the very same words.   I do not belong to this world… I belong to heaven, and I am homeward bound.  Yes, we live in the world, but we are not of the world.  We are pilgrims just passing through on our way to our eternal homeland.  We dream about one day crossing the Jordan River, and entering into the Promised Land.

Do my thoughts, words and actions reflect this reality each day, or do I seem to be running after the things of the world?   Where‘s my heart?  Do I dream about heaven and seeing the Risen Lord face to face?  Or do I satisfy myself trying to create my own heaven on earth?  Am I able to give the passing realities and events that are going on all around me their proper value in the light of eternity?  Or am I blinded by the glittering attractions that vie for my heart on all sides?

Let‘s not satisfy ourselves with the passing treasures and pleasures that the earth has to offer.  Rather, let‘s keep our eyes on the prize…heaven, and eternity with God, with all the angels and saints.  Let‘s not live these Easter mysteries superficially, but enter into them with all of our hearts and souls, and allow them to really sink in.  These are our Easter mysteries.  They are wonderful.  And they define us.

Have a blessed Easter!

About Everest

Everest Academy Lemont, founded in 1995 as White Pines Academy, is a private Catholic school offering a Pre-K through grade 8 program.

Our goal is to offer each child the highest quality education through Integral Formation®, the pedagogical method developed by the Legionaries of Christ. Through Integral Formation®, each student benefits from a personalized approach that develops the whole person, from intellect and character to spiritual life and apostolic responsibility. The result: intelligent, responsible, and positive leaders who will transform society with the Gospel values.

Here at Everest Academy, with our brand new campus opened for the fall 2009 school year, we are poised for growth and ready to give our students a Catholic educational experience that will last them a lifetime. Find out more by taking a tour of our campus.

The Pilgrim Queen

The Pilgrim Queen
Pray together as a family and honor Mary as a special guest in your home.

Prayer for Everest

Prayer for Everest
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for making Everest Academy a reality. With the aid of the Holy Spirit, may we touch the lives of many people and bring to our community the joy of knowing and loving Jesus Christ. We thank Our Mother Mary for her help and ask for her continued care and protection. Amen.

School Masses

School Masses
Join us for All School Mass on Friday at 2:20pm or Morning Mass at 7:15 am Tues., Wed., and Thurs.

Lean on Me Holy Hour

Lean on Me Holy Hour
Spend some time with Jesus every Thursday, after morning Mass 7:45am